Spent this morning climbing at Penrith climbing wall. Walls are a great place to climb on wet and cold days and can provide the opportunity to get some pre summer training in. There are some great walls here in the Lake District with some suited better to the beginner climber than others. The Lakeland Climbing Centre in Kendal has recently been expanded to make it a great place to spend some time whatever grade climber you are. Keswick climbing wall based just outside Keswick offers a range of walls to climb and is particularly suitable to the beginner climber. There is a new wall in Ambleside that is great for all climbers and is found at the Adventure Peaks store. There are also walls at Cockermouth leisure centre, The Chalk Face at Wyndham Sports Centre in Egremont, Park Leisure Centre in Barrow and the Sands Centre in Carlisle. So no matter where you might live or may be staying in the Lake District there is a wall near you. So why not take up climbing or get some pre spring/summer training in? If you need some instruction to get you going then why not book some instruction with us.
- A great start to our Cairngorm trip. Spent day skiing into Coire an t-Snechda to look at some basic winter... fb.me/7FYTIqbUl 17 hours ago
- Another day out walking the Ullswater Way. The mountains look stunning today with their fresh coat of snow 😃 1 week ago
- A fun morning skiing at Yad Moss in the North Pennines 1 week ago
- Maybe if people's heads weren't buried in the sand of ignorance and they took the time to understand, instead of... fb.me/2vrsyKXrt 1 week ago
- Winter is continuing to build here in the Lakes. Let us hope Thursday is not too wet 1 week ago