Spent this morning climbing at Penrith climbing wall. Walls are a great place to climb on wet and cold days and can provide the opportunity to get some pre summer training in. There are some great walls here in the Lake District with some suited better to the beginner climber than others. The Lakeland Climbing Centre in Kendal has recently been expanded to make it a great place to spend some time whatever grade climber you are. Keswick climbing wall based just outside Keswick offers a range of walls to climb and is particularly suitable to the beginner climber. There is a new wall in Ambleside that is great for all climbers and is found at the Adventure Peaks store. There are also walls at Cockermouth leisure centre, The Chalk Face at Wyndham Sports Centre in Egremont, Park Leisure Centre in Barrow and the Sands Centre in Carlisle. So no matter where you might live or may be staying in the Lake District there is a wall near you. So why not take up climbing or get some pre spring/summer training in? If you need some instruction to get you going then why not book some instruction with us.
- RT @StAlsOutdoorEd: Evening at camp after a good day's paddling. There was even time for Mr O'Duffin's physics homework! @StAlsOutdoorEd @S… 8 months ago
- RT @StAlsOutdoorEd: DofE Silver Practice expedition underway! Good luck S4 😁 @StAlsOutdoorEd @StAlsGlasgow https://t.co/bKtgs3W4lA 8 months ago
- RT @DofE_grange: A bit of a murky start for our Gold expedition in the Brecons this morning. Last day! https://t.co/OZoD42ARBa 11 months ago
- RT @DofE_grange: It has been a very busy few weeks for our D of E staff and participants at all levels. Two Gold expeditions to go! Fantast… 11 months ago
- RT @DofE_grange: Getting ready to head off to meet our Gold group out and about in the Brecon Beacons. https://t.co/GgILoE76lo 11 months ago