Spent this morning climbing at Penrith climbing wall. Walls are a great place to climb on wet and cold days and can provide the opportunity to get some pre summer training in. There are some great walls here in the Lake District with some suited better to the beginner climber than others. The Lakeland Climbing Centre in Kendal has recently been expanded to make it a great place to spend some time whatever grade climber you are. Keswick climbing wall based just outside Keswick offers a range of walls to climb and is particularly suitable to the beginner climber. There is a new wall in Ambleside that is great for all climbers and is found at the Adventure Peaks store. There are also walls at Cockermouth leisure centre, The Chalk Face at Wyndham Sports Centre in Egremont, Park Leisure Centre in Barrow and the Sands Centre in Carlisle. So no matter where you might live or may be staying in the Lake District there is a wall near you. So why not take up climbing or get some pre spring/summer training in? If you need some instruction to get you going then why not book some instruction with us.
- Night navigation practice for Tom tonight. Could you cope with finding your way off the hill in the dark this... fb.me/1Fo9LXSvq 3 days ago
- Maiden voyage of the new boat. Small and compact, but Tay still wanted to check it out :-) 3 days ago
- A beautiful morning to paddle on Ullswater today 😊 3 days ago
- The boat is ready for its maiden voyage tomorrow 😊 4 days ago
- We are running a 2 day Rescue Emergency Care outdoor first aid course on the 25th - 26th November 2018. Contact us to book your place. 5 days ago